6.14.2013

Daytona Beach

Dad was supposed to go to a seminar and wanted to make it a family mini vacation.  So Mom took off and we drove down.  Dad was told he no longer was supposed to go to the seminar the day before we were to leave and after Mom & Dad talked, they decided that since the room was non-refundable we would just go down anyways and have a mini vacation and I would get to see an East Coast Beach, since they only beaches we have gone to have been the Gulf Coast beaches.  I like the fact that you could drive on the beaches.  We took a whole day and drove over to Orlando and went to downtown Disney.  I wanted to go bowling but it was like $20 a person per hour, it was going to cost $60 before any food.  I still wanted to bowl so Dad went to pull out his wallet and pay and found that he did not have his wallet.  We ended up not bowling and searching the car and downtown Disney for where his wallet might have fallen out, the last place he had used it was a the Outlet stores, so Disney employees were very helpful and found the last store we had gone to phone number and put Dad in contact with them.  The wallet wasn't there.  We spent another hour or so shopping because Mom said we might as well and could then call the banks/credit card companies once we got back to the room to report because there was nothing they could do right this minute.  Dad & I went to the build-a-dinosaur and each built a dinosaur and I bought a ipod case for Dad's ipod.  When we finally went to leave, I decided to ride behind Dad instead of Mom and as I was getting into the car, I found Dad's wallet.  It made everyone breathe better.

We ate at Bubba Gumps, Black Sheep, Steak-n-Shake, Outback and Baskin Robbins while we were there.   I had fun time.  Wished we could stay longer but I know we have to go home.

















No comments: