9.30.2011

What a month!

Ok, if you have read dads' blog then you know he was downsized again.  On the one hand I am very happy with this, because it means that I get to be carpool and come home directly after school and can go outside and play with my friends.  On the other hand it means that I can't get new video games and take my friends out for Movies & Ice Cream every weekend. 

So, we went on our annual family beach trip with Mamaw & Papaw over Labor Day weekend.  Came home and mom's upset.  She said when it rains it pours and that is the way her luck runs, dad is downsized, then the roof on our 9 year old house has developed several leaks and the roofer dad called out, looked at it and said that we need to replace the whole roof.  I sure hope mom's luck turns around soon. 

Cub Scouts started and I volunteered mom to be our awards chair for the pack.  She has volunteered to help out with the upkeep of the packs' website since dad has started back to school for his Phd.  She hasn't gotten to work much on her quilts lately, she gets her BOM done the night before it is due and tries to work on binding some of the Christmas quilts that we are giving away. 

No comments: