Xander acted impressed whenever Mommy and Daddy pointed out a neat plane or a model of a ship, but he really only had eyes for two things - airplane cockpits you could sit in and the flight simulator. Both of these gems were located on the second floor and I really think Paula and I made a mistake going up there first.
9.03.2008
Future Property of the Blue Angels?
Remember how I said that things got a little windier Sunday at the beach?
Well it really did not bother us - cause we were not there. MaMaw and PaPaw took us all over to the Pensacola N.A.S. and we went to the Naval Aviation Museum...and that's where the Blue Angels come into all of this. A couple of months ago we had taken Xander to go see the Blue Angels up in Huntsville, and it just so happens Pensacola N.A.S. is the "home" of the Blue Angels.
Xander acted impressed whenever Mommy and Daddy pointed out a neat plane or a model of a ship, but he really only had eyes for two things - airplane cockpits you could sit in and the flight simulator. Both of these gems were located on the second floor and I really think Paula and I made a mistake going up there first.
The cockpits are exactly what they sound like - the front ends of about 10 different aircraft you can actually crawl into and see what it is like to be a pilot. They have one for just about every plane you could think about. They even have one for an Apache helicopter. The simulator is a little bit harder to explain though I am sure you have all seen them in the movies. It is a large box you go into that is raised up and tilted in all directions to simulate the movement you are watching on a large screen inside the simulator. Xander rode it 3 times and would still be on it if we had allowed it.
Xander acted impressed whenever Mommy and Daddy pointed out a neat plane or a model of a ship, but he really only had eyes for two things - airplane cockpits you could sit in and the flight simulator. Both of these gems were located on the second floor and I really think Paula and I made a mistake going up there first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment