Dad here. Seems that Xander has a new teacher at school - Miss Bridgette.
One of the first things Miss Bridgette did was to send a note to all the parents letting us know how she would be running the class...and that the children would be sending home nightly "Report Cards" letting us know if Xander got into any trouble. The report cards would follow the 'stop light' system - Green for good, Yellow for 'problematic', Red for 'I believe the child has been possessed, quick call a priest'.
Picked up Xander Monday night. Green sheet in the cubbie, Xander tells me he was good all day for Miss Bridgette. Mom and Dad are very happy.
Picked up Xander Tuesday night. No sheet in the cubbie. OK. "Xander. Did Miss Bridgette give you a report sheet today?"
Xander shrugs.
"Well were you good today?"
Xander shrugs.
At this point I figure he was bad but Miss Bridgette forgot to put the right sheet in his cubbie. Not a big deal. Fast forward to this morning.
"Miss Bridgette. When we picked up Xander yesterday there was not a report sheet in there. Did you leave one?"
Miss Bridgette: "Yes I did. Xander got a yellow sheet for misbehaving yesterday"
My son is four years old and has already learned how to hide his report cards. Not sure if I should be proud of this. I am just thankful he hasn't quite learned how to make up an interesting lie to deflect guilt. Once he learns that Mommy and me are screwed.
No comments:
Post a Comment